Hello and welcome to the 8th edition of Random Bits where we take a look at items of interest from around the world of WordPress.
- Tom McFarlin, who wears many hats including being co-founder of 8BIT, discusses why he doesn’t particularly likes code generators although he thinks they have their place.
- Sara Rosso of Automattic explains how the The Wall Street Journal uses WordPress in various ways to serve up content to their readers.
- Milan Petrovic, the man behind the xScape theme framework and such popular plugins as GD Star Rating and GD Press Tools among others, shares his thoughts on WordPress 3.4.
- The VaultPress blog has an ongoing feature whereby they present various customer stories. In this edition Krista Stevens gives us the low-down on Thad Allender and Graph Paper Press.
- WordPress.com rolled out a few new widgets and Justin Shreve has the details.
- Do you like comics? The Cartoon Network recently launched their official blog on the WordPress.com VIP service.
- If you missed WordCamp Columbus this past weekend have no fear for WPCandy liveblogged the entire event. It’s almost like being there.
- Typekit or Google Fonts? Brian Gardner takes a look at both and suggests each has its own place in web design.